Join Dairy Herd for a free webinar discussing digital dermatitis — prevention strategies, monitoring, treatments and new tools.
• Strategies should be preventative rather than reactive.
• Strategies need to become more interdisciplinary, involving not just footbaths and environmental inputs, but nutrition, mitigation of risk factors, records and the strategic usage of data for monitoring as well.
• Early monitoring and recording is key. As soon as a producer sees lesions, treatment, recording and cow typing should begin.
• Heifers should be monitored in addition to the lactating animals. DD lesions in heifers are at the origin of the recurrence of DD lesions on-farm.
• New tools will allow producers to predict outbreaks before they happen.