The Missouri Dairy Association (MDA) and University of Missouri (UMC) will host Dairy Profit Seminars at five locations across the state next week.
Meetings dates, places and contacts are:
• Feb. 23, Pork Palace, State Fair Grounds, Sedalia; Pettis County Extension, 660-827-0591.
• Feb. 24, Springfield Livestock Market Center, Springfield; Reagan Bluel, 417-847-3161.
• Feb. 25, MSU State Fruit Research Center, Mountain Grove; Ted Probert, 417-741-6134.
• Feb. 26, Cape Girardeau County Extension Center, Jackson; extension office, 573-243-3581.
• Feb. 27, Hagie’s Nineteen Restaurant, Union; Ken Bolte, 636-583-5141.
Registration and exhibits open at 9:30 a.m., with the program concluding by 3:15 p.m.
Speakers and topics include:
• Hugh Chester-Jones, University of Minnesota, on “Accelerated Feeding of Calves.” He will also discuss “Use of Grazing vs. Confinement for Growing Post-Weaning Heifers.”
• Dr. Scott Poock, UMC veterinarian – improved cow comfort.
• Dave Drennan, MDA Executive Director – update on MDA legislative activities.
• UMC Dairy Team – dairy revitalization survey.
• Dr. Bob Gentry, DVM, Multimin USA – calf immune support.
• UMC ag engineer Teng Lim – manure management tips.
• Reagan Bluel – “Keys to Transition Cow Success.”
Each dairy farmer participant is invited to bring a sample of their total mixed ration for free analysis from the MU feed lab.
Lunch registration must be made by calling local contacts listed above. Pay at the door.