Cottonseed rising in price; still seen as a 'very good buy'
A bull market for cotton lint could drive 2011 cottonseed production and supplies available to dairies to levels not seen since 2007, says Tom Wedegaertner, director of cottonseed research and marketing, Cotton Incorporated. FULL STORY »
A reminder if your clients use absorbents for mycotoxins
Alvaro Garcia, extension dairy specialist at South Dakota State University, says he has heard a number of reports from lab technicians and farmers this fall expressing concern about mycotoxins. FULL STORY »
USDA cuts corn harvest outlook
On Sept. 10, the government cut its U.S. corn harvest projection 1.6 percent and said stocks of the grain will fall to a seven-year low, signaling higher feed costs as livestock and dairy producers compete with exporters and ethanol distillers for shrinking supplies. FULL STORY »
Cotton supply available for dairy cows could double
Higher cotton acreages combined with ideal growing conditions across most of the Cotton Belt could double the supply of whole fuzzy cottonseed available to dairy producers in 2010-11, compared to 2009-10. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast