Maintaining client relationships in good times and bad
Long-term success in any consultant-client relationship not only depends on the competence of the consultant, but the relationship that you build with the entire dairy team. FULL STORY »
'Always under-promise, but over-deliver'
Complexities of the dairy business and the current economic crisis have created new challenges for consultants to focus on the real value our clients are looking for. FULL STORY »
I don't have all the answers, but I will find out who does!
Balancing diets is certainly a part of the role that I have with my clients, but day to day I serve as much, if not more, as an information conduit and facilitator as I do a "nutritionist." FULL STORY »
Build trust with Hispanic workers through communication
What are the hallmarks of a successful relationship? FULL STORY »
Reduce feed cost and help environment at same time
If you have spent any amount of time with dairy producers recently, you know they have a lot on their minds. The price of milk, the cost of feed and survival are the main topics of conversation. FULL STORY »
Help clients find the right feed-cost balance
The rapid drop in milk price caught many dairy producers wondering "what should I do to make ANY take-home income under this price scenario?" FULL STORY »
Ration balancer or dairy farm consultant?
After more than two and one-half decades of working as a consulting dairy nutritionist and seven years as part owner of a large commercial dairy farm, my approach with dairy clientele has evolved considerably. FULL STORY »
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"