Emphasize 'net milk income over feed costs'
Timely, accurate and detailed records are necessary to analyze a business, according to Jason Karszes, farm management specialist with PRO-DAIRY and Cornell University. Karszes addressed business analysis at the Western Canadian Dairy Seminar last March. FULL STORY »
A lesson in statistics and feedstuff variability
As a nutritionist, you use statistics every day. When you take 20 bale cores and mix them together to create the composite sample that you send in for analysis, you are doing this to reduce the variation in the results you get back. FULL STORY »
Respecting our clients
Just being smart, having all of the nutrition and management gadgets, and knowing the latest nutrition recommendations doesn't cut it with most of today's elite dairy producers. FULL STORY »
'Always under-promise, but over-deliver'
Complexities of the dairy business and the current economic crisis have created new challenges for consultants to focus on the real value our clients are looking for. FULL STORY »
- Cover Crops for Forage and Dairy Production
- California anaerobic digester project nears completion
- Dairy Farmers Of Ontario now title sponsor of Ont. Men's Curling
- Dave Dickson’s family gives $775,000 to support UW judging
- New interactive map highlights state ag contributions
- New Holland Pavilions race to finish, 5 weeks to World Dairy Expo