Expert Answers - Sept. 20, 2013
Housing factors are as important as the ration itself ― maybe even more so ― in explaining why some cows sail through the transition period and others struggle. Is there one factor that seems to stand out? FULL STORY »
What is a good checklist for improving reproductive efficiency?
What is a good nutritional checklist for improving reproductive efficiency? FULL STORY »
Expert Answers - January
During late pregnancy, insulin resistance in adipose tissue contributes to increasing plasma non-esterified fatty acid (NEFA) concentrations. And subsequent oxidation of NEFA by the liver is the cause of decreasing dry matter intake as cows approach calving. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?