Expert Answers - January
During late pregnancy, insulin resistance in adipose tissue contributes to increasing plasma non-esterified fatty acid (NEFA) concentrations. And subsequent oxidation of NEFA by the liver is the cause of decreasing dry matter intake as cows approach calving. FULL STORY »
Expert Answers - July 20, 2012
This year, we will be faced with drought-stressed corn (early corn that tasseled with no pollination to late corn that is only three feet tall and not tasseled). FULL STORY »
Expert Answers - April 20, 2012
The following answer is excerpted from a presentation by Mike Hutjens, professor emeritus of dairy science at the University of Illinois, at the Western Canadian Dairy Seminar in March. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution