Changing the face of alfalfa
Two research projects under way at the Consortium for Alfalfa Improvement may have the potential to significantly decrease the need for purchased protein supplements. FULL STORY »
Exactly, what makes chromium so special?
Supplementation with chromium propionate can increase milk production in dairy cows, numerous studies have shown. So, what exactly is the mode of action? FULL STORY »
Fatty acids impact passive immunity
New research presented at the American Dairy Science Association annual meeting in Denver takes a look at the effect of supplementing fatty acids and the transfer of passive immunity to calves. FULL STORY »
A new way to test alfalfa
The California chapter of ARPAS, in conjunction with Sapienza Analytica LLC, presented results of a study proposing a new approach to measuring pure stand alfalfa hay quality at the American Dairy Science Association annual meeting this past July in Denver. FULL STORY »
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions