When do the alarm bells go off?
It's nice to have some specific cut-points for determining a course of action. Researchers at Cornell University have come up with some for predicting metabolic disorders in fresh cows, decreased reproductive performance and lower milk production. FULL STORY »
P appears to influence Ca metabolized in the bones
A high-calcium/low-phosphorus diet appears to help cows utilize dietary calcium more efficiently. FULL STORY »
Coconut oil: Reduce methane emissions, maintain milk yield
Increasing emphasis is being placed on reducing the amount of greenhouse gases produced by dairy cattle. FULL STORY »
Nutrition important in curbing mastitis
We've known for years that certain nutrients, such as vitamin E and selenium, have a profound effect on the immune system — and, therefore, mastitis. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine