Nutrition important in curbing mastitis
We've known for years that certain nutrients, such as vitamin E and selenium, have a profound effect on the immune system — and, therefore, mastitis. FULL STORY »
Co-ensiling may extend storage life of wet distillers
Storing wet distillers grains can be problematic because it has a limited shelf-life, especially in warm weather, says Nicole Schmelz, graduate student working with Shawn Donkin in the Department of Animal Sciences at Purdue University. FULL STORY »
Fish oil reduces methane emissions
Amid concerns that cows may be contributing to global warming through methane emissions, Irish researchers have found that including fish oil in the diet may cut those emissions by a significant amount. FULL STORY »
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.