- Dairy Producers
- Veterinarians and consultants
- Ag lenders and bankers
The decision to switch to robotic milking is one that must marry your goals for your cows, your family and personal life, and the long-term financial success and viability of your operation – into one sustainable package. This webinar is designed to enhance the long-term vision you have for your dairy operation and reveal what aspects to consider to successfully milk with robots.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Advantages and new research on automated milking systems.
- Feeding programs that work well with robots.
- Cow traffic methods and the pros and cons of each, including the preferred “Milk-first, feed-second” method.
- Facility design and factors to consider such as:
- Barn equipment
- Animal movement
- Manure management
- Freestall configuration
- A success story, hear from one dairyman that recently implemented robotic milking on his operation.
Editor | Dairy Herd Management
Regional Extension Educator | University of Minnesota
Robotic Milking System Expert | GEA Farm Technologies
Kie Farms, Ltd.
|Dairy Herd Management
|© 2014 VANCE PUBLISHING
| © Copyright 2014 Vance Publishing Corporation | All rights reserved.