Meetings, mingling and music all await attendees of the 2018 Central Plains Dairy Expo, scheduled for March 27-29 in Sioux Falls, SD.
A live concert by country music artist Easton Corbin will kick off the event on Tuesday evening, March 27, at the Sanford Premiere Center. The concert is complimentary for dairy producers.
The following two days will feature educational sessions on a wide range of topics, including:
- “What’s Golden in Colostrum,” by Dr. Mike Van Amburgh, Cornell University
- “How Can You Utilize Genomic Testing to Increase Profitability?” by Dan Carroll, STgenetics
- “Tips to Improve Reproductive Efficiencies” by Dr. Todd Bilby, Merck Animal Health
- “From Calf to Cow, Dealing with Bumps Along the Road,” by Dr. Davide Prentice, Elanco Animal Health
- “Strategies to Enhance Immunity and Health,” by Dr. Michael Ballou, Texas Tech University
- “When Will it End? Examining the Dairy Downturn,” by Sarina Sharp, Dairy Market Analyst, Daily Dairy Report
Breakout sessions offered in Spanish include:
- “Food Safety: Am I Responsible?” by Jorge Luna, Zoetis
- “Financial Impact of Feeding Management,” by Fernando Diaz, Rosecrans Consulting
- “Newborn Management and Primary Calf Diseases,” by Jorgge Delgado, Elanco
A comprehensive dairy industry trade show will be open throughout Wednesday and Thursday of the conference. Also, new this year will be silent and live charity auctions organized by the Central Plains Dairy Foundation. Proceeds will go to support the Foundation’s scholarships and grant programs.
A full schedule and registration information can be found here.