Dairy Forage Seminars, held in conjunction with the World Forage Analysis Superbowl, will once again provide further educational opportunities to World Dairy Expo attendees, Wednesday, October 3 through Saturday, October 6. These seminars, led by professors, researchers, producers and industry representatives, will discuss various topics related to forage production, harvest, storage and feeding. Seminars are held daily on the Dairy Forage Seminar Stage in the east end of the Arena Building at the Alliant Energy Center.
The following is a schedule of the 2018 Dairy Forage Seminars:
Wednesday, October 3, 10:00 a.m.
- Strategies to Reduce Feed Costs on the Dairy
- Mike Hutjens, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois
Wednesday, October 3, 1:30 p.m.
- Dairy Nutrition Research Update
- Ken Kalscheur, Geoff Zanton and Mary Beth Hall, Research Dairy Scientists, USDA-ARS, U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
Thursday, October 4, 10:00 a.m.
- On-farm Feed and Forage Management for a 44,000-Pound Herd
- Tom Kestell, Ever-Green-View Farms
- Steve Woodford, Nutrition Professionals, Inc.
Thursday, October 4, 1:30 p.m.
- Corn Silage for Dairy: Past, Present and a Look to the Future
- Randy Shaver, Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Friday, October 5, 10:00 a.m.
- New Insights on Alfalfa-Grass Mixtures for Dairy
- Jerry Cherney, Professor, Cornell University
Friday, October 5, 1:30 p.m.
- Corn Silage Mycotoxins
- Phil Cardoso, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois
Saturday, October 6, 10:00 a.m.
- Seeing the Total Financial Picture of the Dairy Puzzle, of Which Forage is One of the Pieces
- Gary Sipiorski, Dairy Development Manager, Vita Plus, Inc.
In addition to the Dairy Forage Seminars, the World Forage Analysis Superbowl is once again seeking entries for the ever-growing forage competition with more than $22,000 in cash prizes to be awarded. Producers wishing to enter corn silage samples must have entries submitted by July 1. All other category entries must be received by August 30. For more information about entering the World Forage Analysis Superbowl, visit www.foragesuperbowl.org.
The World Forage Analysis Superbowl is organized in partnership with Dairyland Laboratories, Inc., Hay & Forage Grower, US Dairy Forage Research Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison and World Dairy Expo. To learn more, visit foragesuperbowl.org.