For the past five decades, World Dairy Expo has brought world-class seminars to the place where the dairy industry meets - in Madison, Wis. This year, eight seminars feature cutting-edge topics including dairy product demand, workforce trends, manure processing, pregnancy rates, water quality and nutrition, genomic testing, low milk prices and the veterinary feed directive.
Members of the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (ARPAS) and the American Association of State Veterinary Boards - RACE Program* (RACE) can earn continuing education credits for attending. Additionally, all seminars will be available for viewing at worlddairyexpo.com after they are presented.
Seminars will be showcased Tuesday through Saturday, October 4-8, in the Mendota 2 meeting room, located in the Exhibition Hall. Badgerland Financial, Channel, CRV USA, Dairy Management Inc., DeKalb, Feed Supervisor Software, Richie Industries, Inc. and Quality Liquid Feeds, Inc. are sponsors of this year's seminars, which include the following:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 1:00 p.m.
- "How the Dairy Checkoff is Driving Demand for You"
- Tom Gallagher, CEO, Dairy Management Inc.
- Sponsored by: Dairy Management Inc.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 11:00 a.m.
- "Agricultural Workforce Trends and their Implications for Dairy Managers"
- Thomas Maloney, Senior Extension Associate, Cornell University
- Sponsored by: DeKalb
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 1:00 p.m.
- "Phosphorus Trade-offs in No Till: And a Possible Solution"
- Dr. Clinton Church, Research Chemist, USDA - ARS
- Sponsored by: Badgerland Financial
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 11:00 a.m.
- "Achieving High Pregnancy Rates in High Producing Dairy Herds"
- Dr. Paul Fricke, Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Sponsored By: Feed Supervisor Software
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 1:00 p.m.
- "Drinking Water Nutrition and Quality: Could it be a Constraint in Your Herd?"
- Dr. David Beede, Professor, Michigan State University
- Sponsored by: Ritchie Industries, Inc.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 11:00 a.m.
- "Making Money with Genomic Testing on the Dairy Farm"
- Dr. Albert De Vries, Associate Professor, University of Florida
- Sponsored by: CRV USA
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 1:00 p.m.
- "Surviving Low Milk Prices"
- Dr. Robert Parsons, Professor, University of Vermont
- Sponsored by: Channel
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8, 11:00 a.m.
- "VFD: Challenges for the Feed Industry and Producer"
- Richard Sellers, Senior Vice President, Public Policy & Education, American Feed Industry Association
- Sponsored by: Quality Liquid Feeds, Inc.
Recognized as the meeting place for the global dairy industry, World Dairy Expo attracts more than 70,000 attendees from over 90 countries to Madison, Wisconsin, each year. The annual event will take place Oct. 4-8, 2016, with the theme of "Celebrate 50!" to commemorate its golden anniversary. Visit worlddairyexpo.com or follow us on Facebookand Twitter (@WDExpo or #Celebrate50) for more information.'