An investigation is underway in Washington County, New York after seven cows were stolen from a farm.
John Violette’s owns Monument View Farm, a dairy that has been in his family since the mid-1800s, and is known for his prize winning Guernseys at the Easton, New York farm. On July 29 he went to check on some of his cattle he was housing at a friend’s farm near Argyle. Upon arriving he discovered that seven of the cattle were missing.
Included in the theft was a Guernsey show cow known as Roxy, reported to be worth $30,000. Monument View Jackpot Roxy honors in the show ring includes:
- Reserve Junior All-American Jr. 2-Year-Old 2016
- Nominated All-American Jr. 2-Year-Old 2016
- Reserve Intermediate Champion National Junior Show-Harrisburg 2016
- Reserve Grand Champion New York State Fair 2016
- 1st Jr. 2-Year-Old National Junior Show & National Guernsey Show-Harrisburg 2016
- 1st Jr. 2-Year-Old National Junior Show-Louisville 2016
- 2nd Jr. 2-Year-Old National Junior Show-Madison 2016
- 6th Jr. 2-Year-Old National Guernsey Show-Louisville 2016
- 1st Jr. 2-Year-Old New York State Fair 2016
“Roxy's a special show cow. She's third generation, first place winner at the All-American Dairy Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania,” Violette tells WNYT Channel 13 in Albany.
Violette had two other Guernseys and two Jerseys stolen. His friend, Marty DePaul who owns Argyle Valley Farm, had two of his Holsteins stolen, including a show heifer.
“We were going to take it to the fair. My son was all excited to take it to the fair,” DePaul says. “Now he can't. We thought he might win his class because it's a sharp-looking calf.”
Officials with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office were called to the scene and are currently investigating the theft. They ask if anyone knowns anything about the stolen cattle to call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office Anonymous Tip Line at 518-746-2522 or call 747-4623. Tips can also be sent online at this link - http://ow.ly/fi0b30ldyFr