Are you a dairy producer, veterinarian, or consultant interested in learning about the latest innovations in dairy reproductive practices to improve reproductive efficiency and profitability? If so make plans to attend a University of Wisconsin-Extension"s Reproducing Profitability Workshop in November.
These solution-oriented workshops provide you with practical ideas ready to be applied on a farm. UW-Extension/Madison and Michigan State University experts will share proven methods and decision-making tools to help producers manage reproductive programs and make the right decisions.
Topics and speakers include:
- Update on reproduction research at UW-Madison and MSU; Paul Fricke, UW-Extension specialist in dairy cattle reproduction at UW-Madison and Richard Pursley, Professor, Michigan State University
- Controlling Domino Effect: Building Better Breeding Criteria for Dairy Replacement Heifers; Pat Hoffman, UW-Extension dairy herd management specialist at Marshfield Ag Research Station
- Using Cattle Behavior to Maximize Health: Production and Reproduction; Amy Stanton, UW-Extension dairy specialist at UW-Madison
- Tried and True: The ReproMoney Program Can Increase Your Net Income by Enhancing Your Herd"s Reproductive Efficiency; Connie Cordoba, UW-Extension reproductive management specialist
During the workshop you will also have the opportunity to learn about and enroll in the Repro Money Program, a free UW-Extension program offered to all Wisconsin dairy farmers that are willing to work to improve their herd"s reproductive performance.
The workshops will be held at eight locations. All meetings run from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and include the same content. Please choose the location best for you.
Dates and locations:
- November 12:
– Kiel at Millhome Supper Club, 16524 Lax Chapel Road
– Denmark at Beverly Gardens, 5911 Pine Grove Road
- November 13:
– Shawano at Angie"s Main Café, 132 South Main Street
– Abbotsford at Allison"s Steakhouse, 503 E. Spruce Street
- November 14:
– Eau Claire at Eau Claire County Expo Center, 5530 Fairview Drive
– Whitehall at Whitehall Public Golf Course, 35635 West Street
- November 15:
– Spring Green at The Shed, 123 N. Lexington Street
– Belmont at Convention Center, 103 Mound View Road
The registration fee for the program is $15 which includes program materials, refreshments and lunch. Registration at the door, please make checks payable to Department of Dairy Science/UW-Madison, c/o Repro Money Program.